S5 stuck in Emergency Mode, cannot disable it.

Amazhou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone I have encountered quite a problem with my s5 just now:
I enabled emergency mode on my phone but when I wanted to disable emergency mode nothing happens.
My phone is currently in Black and white with "Torch", "Emergency Alarm", "share my location" and "Phone" icons on display. In the upper right corner of my screen there's a menu in which "Disable Emergency Mode" is the first option. But nothing happens when I press it. My phone does not freeze, i can press "Disable Emergency Mode" repeatedly and nothing happens.
I have restarted my phone, removed the battery, tried to connect via samsung kies (but it says "can't connect since device is in emergency mode").
Any help would be appreciated! =]

Amazhou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It's weird to answer my own question but I actually figured it out. If anyone is having the same problem, I found a way to disable Emergency Mode indirectly: switch s5 off, then on, while the samsung logo is displayed press and hold the volume down key until the phone is on. Now the s5 will be in Safe Mode instead of Emergency Mode and it's easy to go from there =]

Feduplots

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I did that, and it says that it's in safe mode; but it's still stuck on the "emergency call" window and won't go anywhere else. This is doing very little to disprove my feeling that this phone is not much different than what my cat just left in the yard.

KayST

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I am currently having the same problem and have used the original suggestion of turning phone on and off and holding the volume button down as it is powered back on and I am still stuck in emergency call mode also. Did you ever come up with the solution?

Thanks,
Kay

Karen Foster1

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
It's weird to answer my own question but I actually figured it out. If anyone is having the same problem, I found a way to disable Emergency Mode indirectly: switch s5 off, then on, while the samsung logo is displayed press and hold the volume down key until the phone is on. Now the s5 will be in Safe Mode instead of Emergency Mode and it's easy to go from there =]

Last edited:

Karen Foster1

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site

I enabled emergency mode on my phone but when I wanted to disable emergency mode nothing happens.
My phone is currently in Black and white with "Torch", "Emergency Alarm", "share my location" and "Phone" icons on display. In the upper right corner of my screen there's a menu in which "Disable Emergency Mode" is the first option. But nothing happens when I press it. My phone does not freeze, i can press "Disable Emergency Mode" repeatedly and nothing happens.
I have restarted my phone, removed the battery, tried to connect via samsung kies (but it says "can't connect since device is in emergency mode").

I did that, and it says that it's in safe mode; but it's still stuck on the "emergency call" window and won't go anywhere else. This is doing very little to disprove my feeling that this phone is not much different than what my cat just left in the yard.

Karen Foster1

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site

Went 2 iptus there solution is go back to factory reset they were BO help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21