Galaxy S3 will not download from Play Store

mrnotu

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
HiYa. As the title states I can not download or update from the Play Store. I keep getting the message "android.process.media has stopped working". Looking for some help. My phone is a Galaxy S3 SCH-S968C and it is rooted. This has just started two days ago and I have tried everything I could find in the forums about problems with the Play Store.
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In general, it helps if you tell us what you've actually tried, because if people see that you've tried everything, they may be less likely to offer a suggestion.

Are you running the stock ROM, or a custom ROM? Have you tried Clearing Cache/Data from Google Play Store and the Download Manager? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

mrnotu

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
HiYa. I am running the stock ROM. I have tried clearing cache and data from apps manager for Play Store and Download Manager. I have made sure download was enabled. I have removed and reinstalled Gmail. I have reset app preferences. My data limit and connection is fine. And some that I have forgotten I think.

Are you running the stock ROM, or a custom ROM? Have you tried Clearing Cache/Data from Google Play Store and the Download Manager? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

mrnotu

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
OK B. Diddy. I tried clearing my cache partition by Recovery Mode and that did not work. Not only that but now I can not get into the Play Store. Before I could get in and navigate around but not download. I am getting error 'the process android.process.media has stopped working'.

mrnotu

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Does not work in safe mode either. Still getting error code as soon as Play Store appears. Is there like a recovery disk or site that will check the installed programs to see if one or more are corrupted or missing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. It might be a hardware issue. I wish I could help you further, but I don't think I have anything else to offer, sorry!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1