Samsung Galaxy S5 randomly not receiving/sending text messages or calls

A

AC Question

Hello,
So I've had the Galaxy S5 since April 8th. This entire time I've had this issue and cannot figure out how to fix it. Essentially what will happen is my phone will stop accepting texts or calls. When I try and send a text when its in this state, it says failed to send. I think I can make calls but I haven't tested that yet. Anyway, what fixes it is a simple restart, then all my text messages and calls and voicemails come in. I haven't really cared about it too much up until now because it only happened once in a while. But now it's happening like every week, and when it does it seems to be on important days where I need to be getting calls and messages from work. It also has happened frequently when I go to sleep. I'll wake up and go on my day wondering why my phone is so quiet then notice people have been trying to contact me.

I use the default messaging and calling apps that come with the phone. I use default launcher, it's not rooted, I only have the usual social networking/entertainment apps with a few tool apps. It seems to mostly happen when I'm connected to my wifi, but it has happened when I'm outside of wifi range. I've seen other posts about this, but their problem seemed to be an issue where their number was tied to an apple account. My number was not transferred, it's a new number. When it is working, I can communicate with anyone with any kind of phone just fine.

Have you guys experienced this at all? Does anyone got a solution? I'd appreciate any assistance you can give me. I can provide you any information you need. Thank you!

Linda darlin

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi just bought a new Samsung S5 and am having problems sending texts and have received a couple but tried a test from my other half and it never arrived. Anyone able to help? Have tried rebooting the phone. Battery out and back in . No change. Help.