I downloaded my work email to my Samsung Tab 3. I changed my mind when I saw how much work it was so I cancelled the process prior to encrypting. However, this was after I gave my employer device administrator rights. I deleted the email account and assumed this would automatically cancel the administrator rights. It didn't. I cannot remove the extremely long password without fixing this problem. Under screen lock, each option is grayed out and it says "turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage." I've seen a couple other posts on this subject but the suggested fixes have not worked for me. I tried to clear the credentials however this option is grayed out so I turned each off individually. This did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Would a factory reset correct this? I really appreciate any input you can provide!
    Thank you!
    09-13-2014 01:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators. Do you see something there that might be controlling things? If so, uncheck it.
    09-13-2014 05:26 PM