Galaxy S3 with sudden battery issues

A

AC Question

I've had my Galaxy S3 from Bell for about a year and a half. I didn't have issues with it for a long time until about four months ago, when I started losing battery life. I figured it was just normal wear on the battery until probably two months ago when it started doing the following:

When starting at fully charged, if I'm using it at ALL the battery will drop to anywhere from 60-30% within a few minutes before the screen starts flickering and it dies. No matter what it was at before it died, if I try turning it back on, it will show it as under 15%, frequently 1% or 0%, and immediately die again (if it even gets beyond the Samsung screen).

If I don't use it, just let it sit (as I've been trying to do in hopes it will actually stay alive in case I, you know, need a phone) it will drop more slowly and will sometimes last an hour or two... if I don't touch it. It will still drop to around 60-50% and if I try to use it- screen starts flickering, and it dies. Same as above.

I haven't replaced anything on the phone and I'm still using the exact same chargers I always have (the one that came with it, and a car charger). Haven't been able to get it checked out yet as I got screwed for hours at work over the summer, but now that I'm back in school with a little bit of leeway in terms of funds I'd like to deal with it. I'm just curious to know if there's anything I can do before getting it replaced through Bell.

Thanks for any help!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
These are typical signs of battery failure. There may possibly be other explanations but the finger is pointing very strongly at the battery. Time to replace, in my judgment.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair