I have a galaxy note 3 that I purchased 2 months ago. me and my husband both purchased the exact phone at the exact time. His charges perfect. Mine won't charge at all. We have swapped batteries, charging cables, I have used USB will not charge. Toothbrush did not work to clean the port. Any other suggestions?
    09-13-2014 07:11 AM
    ...I have used USB will not charge.
    You say you've swapped cables and batteries and both charged fine in your husband's device? I would check your terminals in the battery compartment. If the device says that it charging however the battery doesn't show improvement it could be that it is not seeing the charge being delivered. With these smart phones you have to have a battery in them to power them on, you can't just plug in without a battery, and you'll notice that there are four prongs to your battery. Usually two of them supply power for the device and two of them are used for charging. It has to see voltage on the two that power the device and incoming voltage from your USB to go into a charging state which is likely why it says it's charging but the power isn't being supplied to the battery which is why it isn't charging. Clean the terminals in the device and the on the battery, even if they don't look bad, and make sure the terminals in the phone aren't damaged in any way.
    09-13-2014 07:35 AM
    I had the same problem. My charger was plugged in and showed charging but it wasn't charging just losing charge while plugged in. I have a note 3. I tried cleaning the charger port and that didn't work. What worked was I tried 6 different chargers and one of them finally worked. It was the charger cord they are all finicky. So I suggest trying several different cords until one works.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2014 10:20 PM