Hi all,

I just can't get my nexus4 to connect to my laptop... to any of my laptops. Windows Vista, 7 and 8 and not on any of them. I know everybody complains about this and there's like a million posts out there. Believe me, I´ve read them and done every single recommendation out there. Installed any amount of tools and apps to try to make this happen but it's not working. Several USB ports have been tried, several cables and nothing. Debugging options ON, MTP, PTP, drivers are installed....nothing... It's just not there.

A year ago I had to change the screen because it cracked and you know that if the Nexus4 screens crack then nothing works anymore. I found a supplier that sold the screen mounted on the frame and it included the USB port. I chose this because I didnt want to hassle with removing the glass from the frame or removing the battery (yes, I paid a little bit extra but i thought it was worth it). Could it be possible that the new USB port in my nexus4 is broken or badly connected? Is there a way to check it? It charges OK and all, even when plugged to my computer. But it just won't be recognized as a device by Windows.

I use this phone to read my job's email, and when configuring for that about a year ago I allowed the email service to change the security measures on my phone. Could that be the case also? Are those security measures obscuring my device? It kinda makes sense to me.. but I'd love to be able to know that.

I have loads of data on this phone that I need to unload to my computer. Airdroid is cool but it's taking so much time to transfer so much data that it's unfeasible. I'd really appreciate if you guys could bounce some ideas here.

I have not rooted my phone
    Android 4.4.4
    I'm on build KTU84P (If that means anything to you)
    USB connection is on as MTP
    Developer options ON
    USB Debugging ON

Trying to connect it to Windows Vista, 7 and 8. All 64bit systems.

Many thanks!!!!
    Oscar
    09-13-2014 09:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When did the problem start? Was if after the August Windows Updates? There was a bad update that made Windows machines think Nexus devices were Acer ADB devices. See these threads:

Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ng-tablet.html
    anon8380037 likes this.
    09-13-2014 04:51 PM