Okay, I got my s4 last Christmas, abd up until this past August, I've been having annoying and stressful charging issues with my phone.

My old charger was frayed so I thought that was the problem. I had to hold my charger in a certain position for it to work. Eventually, it stopped working so I used my Dad's Lumia charger. It worked but it made my cell phone REALLY slow.

So then I go to Walgreens and got a new USB charger for 9 bucks. I noticed the problem went away, but now, a few weeks later, I see signs of the problem again.

When my phone is on the charger, it flickers between charging and not charging when I'm using it. When I put it down it charges, but I'm pretty sure that it goes off because it wasn't at 100% when I woke up.

I think it has something to do with the charger port. When I shove the charger in the port it stays...for the most part. Are there any ways to fix this, as cheap as possible? I am not financially stable for this...thank you.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-13-2014 10:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you try borrowing a friend's S4 charger (preferably an original one)? If the problem persists, then you can narrow the problem down to the charging port. I'm not sure if you'd want to try it yourself, since a wrong move might cause more problems. You could bring it to a repair shop to get an estimate, or contact Samsung if you're still under warranty.
    09-13-2014 11:49 AM