Phone won't hold charge

A

AC Question

I have Samsubg Galaxy S3. On Thursday, I went into a hotel Jacuzzi with my phone in my pocket and was in a few minutes before I remembered to take it out. I immediately took it out and took it apart I set in the bathroom in my room for a few hours and looked at it. It didn't seem to be dry so I let it be until the next day. I tried to turn it on the next day and nothing happened. I waited until I got home (six hour bus ride) and took it to Best Buy Geek Squad. He said I had to get another phone since it would not come on. I didn't order it yet and took my phone home. I plugged my phone into my computer and it started vibrating every three seconds, but nothing happened when I left it on the wall charger. I left it alone all night and turned it on this morning while it was still connected to the charger. The bottom light flicker every 15 seconds and vibrates every 20 seconds. Now the big battery that you usually see when your phone is charger is coming on, but only for a second, before disappearing for another 15 seconds.

I have been able to turn it on fully, but the phone says that I need to connect a charger, eve though it is already connected to the charger. Half a minute later it dies again.

HEEEEEEEELP!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can try replacing the battery and see if that fixes the problem. I'd say it's a deeper issue than that as a result of the water damage, and the only fix is to replace the device.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member!

What srkmagnus means, and I agree with, is that the phone has probably been damaged internally by water getting inside it. Even if you were to dry it out thoroughly, the damage could steadily worsen with the passing of time due to impurities left behind from the water. Read what an AC member has to say about phones and water damage:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124-so-you-got-your-phone-wet-what-can-you-do-try-save.html

Posted via Android Central App