I have a LG G3 fully updated to latest version, and I gave the screen lock a try. HATE it.

Went to remove screen lock. Settings > Lock Screen > No thing here to remove. My options are...
    Secure with a pattern
    Patern effect
    Hidden pattern
    Make pattern visible
    etc...

Searched on line and the top option should be disable, along with tap options and a face recognition... but I do not see anything like that.

What's up?
    09-13-2014 03:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Maybe there's some security app that is acting as a Device Administrator, preventing you from doing that. Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and see what's there. Try unchecking anything that isn't Android Device Manager.

Also, you didn't encrypt your phone, right?
    09-13-2014 04:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Maybe there's some security app that is acting as a Device Administrator, preventing you from doing that. Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and see what's there. Try unchecking anything that isn't Android Device Manager.

Also, you didn't encrypt your phone, right?
    First off thanks B. Diddy for your guidance and help.

First thing I did is make sure my phone is not encrypted and it isn't. I checked out under security and while I didnt find a Device Administrator but phone administrator I see two things Android device manager which was checked and I removed the check box and support & protection (which looks like a Verizon thing) was not checked. I rebooted the phone to ensure the changes took effect and the phone still requires a password to log in.

any other thoughts?
    09-13-2014 08:27 PM
    In your original post, what happens if you tap the "Secure with pattern" choice? The other things you list are all associated with pattern lock, so it makes me wonder if tapping that first choice might actually give you the option to select a different lock method, or select none.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    09-13-2014 11:24 PM
    I have the G3. I set a pattern lock on my phone. When I go into my lockdown setting, my phone says pattern under Screen Lock. I then select Screen Lock, verify my pattern, then I get a selection of options, at the top says None.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Removing the screen lock-quickmemo-_2014-09-14-02-35-44-2.jpg   Removing the screen lock-quickmemo-_2014-09-14-02-40-33.jpg  
    09-14-2014 01:41 AM
    Thank you both...

Keep it real, you nailed it. I feel like an *****. I hope to pass some tips on to the next android user as repayment.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-14-2014 07:39 AM
    Great! Sorry I couldn't give you those specific details--don't have a G3 myself ...
    09-14-2014 12:38 PM