Google saves my searches.....

1rkhachatryan

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So idk what's going on but all of a sudden, my searches are being saved again....I don't have anything turned on so it shouldn't be saving them. Is anybody else having this issue??

My phone was having storage issues so I uninstalled all updates to Google Chrome so I can install an update onto one of my other apps. I reinstalled all the updates to google chrome but now it is saving stuff again even though I logged in with my account so it should have all the old settings....

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
go into the settings in Chrome and turn the "save my searches" option off. Also, if you have your searches saved in Chrome (desktop browser) you'll have to turn off "save my searches" there as well.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what your problem is. I checked out your profile and you've posted the same problem before, people have tried really hard to help you, and now it seems there are 2 possibilities...
1) you refuse to follow step by step directions that others have tried to help you with
2) your smartphone is a bit too much for you to wrap your head around - if you're that worried about your privacy you should be able to take steps to protect yourself. One way would be to invest in a regular cellphone. Voice calls and text only.

but to answer your question.

--- in Chrome Browser (on a computer) go to settings>advanced settings>clear browsing data. A box will come up, and pick which ones you want to clear. You can also select how far back in time you want this to go. You can clear your entire history if you like! Make sure you're NOT signed in (because if you are, anything you search for on your computer is accessible from your phone, and anything you search for on your phone is accissible from your computer. It's called sync - and it's pretty dang handy)
--- for Chrome Mobile (on your smartphone) go to settings>privacy. Make sure "Search and URL suggestions" and "Network action predictions" are not checked (uncheck them if they are). Also at the bottom of your screen is a box "clear browsing data" a box will pop up, and you can pick which ones you want to clear. Like the desktop browser you can choose how far back in time you want your data cleared. I'll repeat myself - make sure you're not signed in to your Chrome browser on your phone either. Log out if you are. Then clear your browsing data.

Also - log out of your Google+ profile if you have one. Don't use Gmail. Don't use Google search for anything (use another search engine, like Yahoo or Bing or something). In fact, once you've done this, stop using Chrome altogether. Download Firefox (or another browser that you choose). Just remember, if you don't want Google to use your information or searches - stop using it. It's really that simple.

Now hopefully this time you're able to solve your issue. Often, after an update, this stuff will get turned back on. It's up to YOU to turn it back off. Many many many apps are like this. When there is an update they go back to the default settings. If you've got stuff set up the way you like it, remember those settings and double-check them after updates.