Since updating to KitKat on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (with Telus carrier in Canada) podcasts and music player have been super glitchy. Files freeze, or won't load, especially if they are longer ones like podcasts. This is extremely frustrating since this is one of the main things I use my phone for. Doesn't matter if the files are from my SD card or the internal storage.
    Any suggestions? Should I try to rollback? Would a factory reset help (I'd rather not if I don't have to)?
    I've used Podkicker and Pocket Casts and the internal music player- all have the same issues.
    09-14-2014 08:21 AM
    First I will say that Factory Resets after a major OS update are kind of the norm for android devices. Many times the update doesn't integrate well and FRs get everything back in line. Having said that it sounds like your app didn't integrate well with the update. Usually the update attempts to correct integration issues with apps and sometimes it fails or falls short. You could try uninstalling the app or uninstalling the update, for apps that are built into your device, and reinstall the update or app. This will give you 1 an app that is compatible with your OS level and 2 a fresh install.
    09-14-2014 12:19 PM