Hi guys,

I am a happy owner of the Samsung Galaxy s4 GT-I9500, however recently I ran out of storage space with circa 350MB space left.

I wanted to update Asphalt 8, but there was "insufficient storage available", so I deleted some apps and games I didn't play often and freed up about 1.7GB.

Now here's the problem, I went to the Playstore and tried updating Asphalt 8 and it started downloading, however, after a couple of minutes when the download was almost complete, I got another "insufficient storage avaiable" error. Yet again, I have a low space storage of about 500MB.

Now, I thought that if I would delete a few more things it would download completely. So I did the exact same steps as before but again, I got a third "insufficient storage available" error after almost completing the Asphalt update and again have only 317 MB of space left.

So next, I thought that Asphalt 8 was the space eater here, updating it two times I thought there was some leftover of the update that just stayed in the storage.
    So I deleted Asphalt 8, but I still have only 317MB left (I did move the game to the SD card, but it didn't save much space).

So in total I freed circa 2-3GB of space but now got even less storage than that I started with.

I'm sorry for the long post and hope you guys reply soon!

GroneNet
    09-14-2014 08:30 AM
    I would look for the file that Asphalt 8 would have gone into, and delete that folder (it is probably named after the developer of the game). That should get rid of any duplicate files that are there.
    You can also try clearing the cached app files in Settings>Storage. Tap on the cache part and it should ask if you want to clear all cached data.
    09-14-2014 09:42 AM
    GolfDriver is right. Check for any folders that may be associated with Asphalt 8 and delete them (make sure you check both the phone and the external SD card!). While you're at it, delete any apps, photos, music, etc you don't really need anymore. Once you've done that, clear cache as per the directions, and then reboot. See what you've got.

An app I find useful is CleanMaster. I don't use it a lot but I've found it's pretty handy for finding any orphaned folders or data after you delete some apps. It can also be used to clear out your cache as well.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-14-2014 10:09 AM
    I had a friend with this same problem on a Samsung galaxy tab 2.7.0 when he only had 30 photos and 1gb of apps ( his device had 8gb total) and he just wiped the deviceee and it was fine, I think it was a virus that does this

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-14-2014 10:12 AM