plsss help!

A

AC Question

i have ben trickle staging my nexus 5 for 2 weeks now,i didnt know i shouldnt......is that enough time to ruin the battery ? plsss help!

kralj123

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
i heard a lot of people say you shoulden't trickle charge your phone when its ready to use
,whitch i have been doing for the past few weeks....can it effect the battery life...btw im using nexus 5

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a charger specifically designed to do that? Otherwise, that's not happening. Trickle charging is basically floating a minimal charge equal to the loss rate and is very very very bad. Your Nexus will not do that without being forced to. If you mean it's just sitting on the charger, it is steadily discharging and then charging between preset intervals - and that is more or less safe; it's regulated by a circuit in the device.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
i dont have a charger for that,but im concernd if i leave my phone to long on my charger that it will decrease its battery life.

Okay, that makes sense. With older devices this was an issue, however the Nexus you have will not allow itself to "overcharge" and it doesn't continuously charge. It will slough off a few percent and then move back up - this is typically invisible to the user, as it will typically display 100% the entire time through the UI, but it is pretty efficient.

kralj123

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
thanks this was goood to hear,and one more question......you know that batterydoctor app,does the trickle stage when charging on it really ensures a longer battery life.......i really dont know much about smartphons so i really need some advice,and ty you're the best :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20