Help nexus 7 issues

A

AC Question

Im a newb to android products but i figure out how to root my nexus 7 tablet. When i went update it went into recovery mode. Then when i went to restart it tells me "no system os" i also cant connect it to my chromebook so im not sure how to get it operating again ... I would like to get it back to factory if possible

Some help would be greatly appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Nexus 7 do you have, the 1st or 2nd gen? May I ask why you want to root it, if you're brand new to Android? I would not recommend rooting to complete novices, because you can easily do the wrong thing, and end up with a very sleek and shiny paperweight. It sounds like that may be what happened.

If you have a 1st gen Nexus 7, try to restore the factory image by reading this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...1477-guide-nexus-7-factory-image-restore.html

Android devices don't connect to Chromebooks (at least, not yet--MTP mounting support is supposedly coming soon).

Blair Gavin

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the 2nd generation. I anted to root to get a specific app that maximize the screen space. So I read information and figured it out not knowing everything about rooting. Then went to update thinking nothing would happen and thats when i got the no system os message. Also when i plug in tablet to the computer nothing shows up on the computer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL