I cannot get notification sounds to work for this RAZR. I have been into all my settings, have a notification sound chosen, checked in settings and in the messaging app settings to ensure the Notification box was selected. I have tried third party SMS apps and I get the same result. - an SMS message will vibrate but play no sound. The phone rings fine and music can play - it is just the notifications.
    09-14-2014 09:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Wipe Cache Partition - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA / LUGE by Motorola
    09-15-2014 12:11 AM
    Thank you for your response. I just now tried that method and the result is the same.
    09-15-2014 06:59 AM
    So none of the notifications work, or only with text messages? What happens if you boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps? This is a way to determine if something you installed is interfering with the system: Restart the Device in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA / LUGE by Motorola
    09-15-2014 10:19 AM
    None of the notifications work. Email, Facebook, texting all just vibrate the phone. Calls are fine. I can play music, videos, etc no problem.

I powered to Safe mode - it said Safe mode in the lower left hand corner. I sent a text from another phone and it still only vibrated.
    09-15-2014 03:17 PM
    A factory data reset might be the next step. Of course, make sure you backup or sync all of your data beforehand.
    09-15-2014 06:07 PM
    First thing I tried. Frankly, I am leaning toward a bug in the OS. This seems to be an issue I have encountered while trolling.

I appreciate your time. Any other suggestions?
    09-15-2014 06:39 PM
    Sorry, out of ideas! Unfortunately, the Droid Razr line tended to have various odd glitches, before they really stepped up their game with the X.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-15-2014 08:39 PM