root my old android?

A

AC Question

Hey I have a Samsung ace model number GT-S7560M. how can I root it?

pintree3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow it's scary that you would consider this phone as old. Considering that you know how to write I will assume that you are at least 7 years old so what are you pre-historic, ancient? :) Back to the question in hand I can't help but wonder why no one has replied. Even if this Q is considered a wrong question somehow shouldn't have someone said so?

pintree3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by 'consequences'' end of guarantee or other things? I happen to have the same phone and to me because of all the bloatware etc that comes with it this phone is a nuisance. I added a 16G card whereby just about nothing could be done with it. The phone has almost no extra 3d party software and yet cant even update its own software because it's full. Imagine that? BTW, if you don't mind me saying so, doing something 'once' and it not working doesn't carry weight. There could be a million reasons why it did not work this 'once' :) but could easily have gone your way the 2nd time around. When I had an iphone, for ex. I did what you can with it, got rid of everything and all and it was a great idea. But that was me. John Doe could have easily had a different experience.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, root is nice yes. But, if you do not want any consequencies you should not do it. I once rooted my phone, but removed it.
The only "consequences" of properly rooting the phone is that you can't apply updates. Other than that, rooting is just a file sitting in a system folder, doing nothing unless an app that needs root access runs it. (Granted, if you use a terminal app and type the wrong command you can wipe your phone out, but if you stick a steak knife between your 3rd and 4th ribs to the left of center of your chest you'll have a problem too, and people use steak knives every day. Driving cars into trees causes some people problems too. It's the same thing as rooting. If you use a rooted app that works, it's okay, but if you muck around in an operating system you don't understand, you can stick a knife into its heart - which is why Android doesn't come rooted.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2