how to add more items to the settings panel

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I just wanted to know if there is any way to add more items to the quick settings panel other than the default items. Kitkat provides 10 functions by default. I want to add more functions like screen rotation torch mobile data etc.i tried antek quick settings app but it provides an extra panel for the settings rather than adding more tiles to the stock settings panel and thats not what i want. Would be great if someone could help me with this.

Thank you !!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It would depend on the phone you're using, but in general, the options you have on your stock notification bar or quick access bar are the only ones you can use. 3rd party apps like the one you mention cannot modify this on an unmodified phone and can only add a second access bar.

However, should you root your phone, you can find either ROMs that have this capability baked in, or 3rd party apps that can modify your notification bar directly and add said shortcuts. As always, take heed as rooting leaves the door wide open and modifying system files can always be dangerous. It seldom is for tested apps and if you stick to the instructions on how to install/use them, but there's always a chance that something might go wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20