Is there a way to make the apps you download from the play store go directly to the microSD card ?

A

AC Question

Title please : (Is there a way to make the apps you download from the play store go directly to the microSD card ?) or even just move them after i download ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? There is no way to download and install apps directly to microSD--it has to go through Internal Storage first. Some devices allow you to move a portion of an app to the SD, but a substantial portion needs to remain in Internal Storage.

Netbe

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
There are several ways. Yes sure, it's not possible on new android devices but If your Android allows moving apps to SD, please go Settings > Manage apps. There are also several apps available, if you want to move apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The OP was asking for a way to install apps directly to the external SD card, bypassing internal storage. If that's possible, I would imagine it requires root. Curious, what ways do you know of that bypass internal storage?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The OP was asking for a way to install apps directly to the external SD card, bypassing internal storage. If that's possible, I would imagine it requires root. Curious, what ways do you know of that bypass internal storage?

You are correct as it does require root to do so. I use the function in All-In-One Toolbox to move apps to the SD Card. It actually has a function that analyzes what apps can be moved. Very interesting function.