please tell me there is a way i can retrieve my over 3k pictures erased from my sd card by my galaxy s3??? i had no idea my phone even did this, 10 failed attempts at lock screen and all my data is GONE. i went back into my setting and saw that this option was checked - i NEVER would have selected this had i known... my kids could be trying to unlock my phone and if they fail - there goes my life! lol please help - i need those pictures back
    09-15-2014 11:30 AM
    In the option you mention, does it say Erase, or Delete?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-15-2014 02:52 PM
    please tell me there is a way i can retrieve my over 3k pictures erased from my sd card by my galaxy s3??? i had no idea my phone even did this, 10 failed attempts at lock screen and all my data is GONE. i went back into my setting and saw that this option was checked - i NEVER would have selected this had i known... my kids could be trying to unlock my phone and if they fail - there goes my life! lol please help - i need those pictures back
    Hello.

Make sure you haven't taken anymore photos or added anything into that SD Card.

You're going to need an adapter like this: Amazon.com: Sandisk MicroSD & MicroSDHC to SD Adapter (Static Pack): Computers & Accessories

Plug it into your computer, assuming your computer has the slot for it, and try using a file recovery software on your computer. One of the most well known is Recuva. https://www.piriform.com/recuva, but it's just to give you an idea of where to start.

Best of luck and let us know if you have any more questions.
    09-15-2014 02:52 PM
    Welcome to AC
    It deleted both the internal storage AND the SD card? That setting should only have wiped the internal storage.
    Unfortunately, unless your device was rooted and you had an app like disk digger installed, recovering those pictures is not possible without specialized software and hardware. Like wizzrah mentioned above though, you can try your luck with Recuva.

In the future, you can use a cloud storage option like Google + or Dropbox to backup your data.
    galaxlee3 likes this.
    09-15-2014 02:54 PM
    the option says exactly this:
    AUTO FACTORY RESET
    "If the password is entered incorrectly 10 times, the device will be reset to factory settings. ALL Data, including files and downloaded apps will be deleted"
    09-15-2014 03:35 PM
    yes - i actually removed the card ... i do not want to mess with it. somebody suggested on facebook that costco could recover all photos for 3.99 but im thinking it cannot be that easy if the geek squad at best buy said there was nothing they could even do.
    09-15-2014 03:38 PM
    the option says exactly this:
    AUTO FACTORY RESET
    "If the password is entered incorrectly 10 times, the device will be reset to factory settings. ALL Data, including files and downloaded apps will be deleted"
    That shouldn't include the SD card. The "regular" factory reset option says the same thing, and that doesn't wipe the external storage.
    09-15-2014 03:44 PM
    only my phone acutally said "erasing SD card" when i finally realized it was resetting... its crazy! i get the feature for security measures in the case your phone is stolen or lost but maaaaaaaaaaan this was just an accident! not safe at all and never did the phone as for my back up pin.
    needless to say i cried for about 3 hours.
    09-15-2014 03:58 PM