Hello,

I've had a Galaxy S5 for about 4 months now. I never had a problem with people being able to hear me while talking on the phone. About a month ago, I updated the firmware (I think) through Kies on my Mac. Since then, people have been saying that I sound far away or they can barely hear me during a call. I end up having to put the phone on speaker or use a headset.

Updating the firmware might not have caused the problem, but I know before that point in time, people could hear me fine.

T-Mobile says it might be a problem with the SIM card or the phone itself.

I also tried resetting the phone to factory settings. It didn't help. OH! Also, I've noticed that when I record a video and play it back through headphones, the sound comes through only one earpod. I've looked in accessibility and mono sound is not turned on.

Any suggestions??
    09-15-2014 11:42 AM
    Hello,

I've had a Galaxy S5 for about 4 months now. I never had a problem with people being able to hear me while talking on the phone. About a month ago, I updated the firmware (I think) through Kies on my Mac. Since then, people have been saying that I sound far away or they can barely hear me during a call. I end up having to put the phone on speaker or use a headset.

Updating the firmware might not have caused the problem, but I know before that point in time, people could hear me fine.

T-Mobile says it might be a problem with the SIM card or the phone itself.

I also tried resetting the phone to factory settings. It didn't help. OH! Also, I've noticed that when I record a video and play it back through headphones, the sound comes through only one earpod. I've looked in accessibility and mono sound is not turned on.

Any suggestions??
    03-15-2015 03:21 PM