Help with Samsung Galaxy S3

U

Unregistered

I know what you're all thinking, WOW old phone! LOL but I do need some help with my Samsung galaxy s3. I'm getting a new phone, YAY! I can't figure out how to back up my contacts and pics onto my SD card. Can someone PLEASE help me?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Not old, probably still the most prolific phone on these forums and a premium device.

You can go to My Files (icon in the Samsung folder) and select the photos to move to external sd card.
Personally I would drag them to a pc with usb and move them to the new phone.
You also have cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Contacts is easy as your Google account should bring them to your new phone if you use the same account.
Look in General - Accounts - Google touch name, check that contacts are synced and turn master sync on.
Also use your Samsung account to sync. Samsung Kies on a pc is another way to copy media like photos and music.
With Contacts, I think only Google merged contacts will copy, you may have some on the Device only.

You can check your contacts now on your Gmail inbox page on a pc (many don't use a pc) or browser.

Enjoy your new phone. Larger screen?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Chelefreak

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much. Funny story, i figured it out on my own but thanks for the advice! To answer your question, yes! Way bigger screen, S5! I'm super stoked! Don't get me wrong, S3 has a decent size screen. I'm switching for the better camera

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Nice! You should be thrilled with the S5 then. I like the newer Touchwiz, and once you go bigger with a great resolution screen you'll wonder how you managed before.

Welcome to Android Central.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech