Samsung Galaxy S4 apps installation

A

AC Question

2 problems :
1 : cannot set my my work email account (own domain) , it says cannot communicate with server. What to do ?
2 : backed up the phone and restored Factory settings hoping it would resolve any glitch and would help installing email. Instead , still no email and no communication with server AND lost Skype and Business calendar with all my work appointments . Tried to re install and it says it is already there . Can't find the icon on the phone... and cannot re-install.... What can I do to retrieve my data and re-install Skype and my work emails

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How do you get your work email? Is it through an exchange server? Some other major webmail provider like Yahoo? Are you trying to get it into your stock Email app? Most stock Email apps will recognize common email services, and will also give you the option to choose Microsoft Exchange Services. Otherwise, you'll need to get the IMAP or POP3 settings from your work's IT support, and input them correctly when adding the account. You'll need your username, password, incoming and outgoing server names, security type (usually SSL), and port number. If it can't communicate with the server, I suspect one of those settings might be missing or incorrect.

Was Skype preinstalled on the phone? Is it just missing from the homescreen? Go to the App Drawer (the screen with all of your apps)--do you see Skype there? If so, long-press it, then drag and drop it to the homescreen again. Do the same with Business Calendar. I'm not familiar with Business Calendar and how it backs up or syncs its data--but if it didn't do either before your factory reset, then you may have lost all of that data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad