I have a T-mobile galaxy s3 and since earlier this year the battery started dying quicker than normal. I have had power saving on all the time for more than a year and brightness set to lowest possible so i thought the battery was getting old so i finally bought a replacement battery last week but it barely lasts longer than the original. I checked both batteries and it said they were in good health, so i tried an app for recalibrating batteries and a battery life repair app but they didn't make a difference. I also got the battery saver app and it helped a little but not enough. I can't say for sure but i think since i started using battery saver the amount i lost when the phone wasn't in use went back to normal which is like 1% while i sleep, i believe it was losing 3-5% before. But i was still losing 1% every 4-5 minutes from just browsing the internet and messing with the settings in the phone while having power saving on. I tried removing the battery for 60 seconds, did a factory reset 3 times and when that didn't work i figured it has to be the 4.3 update for s3 that caused it since a lot of people said it caused battery drain. So i rooted the phone and installed Liquid Smooth ROM with android 4.4.4 since reviews said it had good battery life. Well after figuring out where everything is now i have enabled power saving, and turned on blackout mode which is supposed to save energy by making everything except background black. I ran those apps again and i am still having the same problem, it loses 1% in 4-5 minutes from just the internet and settings. I don't know what else to try, the apps that use the most battery changed a few times since i reset the phone and wen i installed the ROM so i can't say for sure its one app messing up the phone. Before liquid smooth ROM the screen and android OS used the battery the most and after, Bluetooth even though it was turned off, and calling even tho i didn't use it have been at the top of battery usage. Anyone have any other things i can do to fix it or have an idea what the problem is?
    09-16-2014 12:23 AM
    Im the one who posted above, i wanted to update that Screen is back at the top of battery usage with 33%, Phone idle with 18% and Cell Standby and Android OS at 16%.
    09-16-2014 12:33 AM