Hi,

I'm a Galaxy S5 owner. The battery goes with my case with some music gaming and internet barely over one day. But that isn't the case anymore due to VERY high battery consumption over night.

It always has been that it normally uses a few % of the battery life with "cell standby" the highest battery consumer during night. But the last 2 night it had chanced. I woke up to a dead battery yesterday which was a big trouble for me.

Here are two images of the battery usage statistics.
    http://i.imgur.com/R41deei.png
    http://i.imgur.com/RMY4SLN.png

The left half is during day, the right half is during night. As you can see it used more power during night then day. The 2 steep drops during days are because of the angry birds game.

before these 2 days, I remember installing that new angry bird games. I started using flipboard for the 1st time. And I installed a new TTS high quality voice for google now. Sicne I disabled S voice and now use instead google now. Also a few apps did some updates though cannot remember which ones.

So yeah, this is a huge problem. as you can see the power usage is INSANE. I need help. Kind regards.

Perhaps on a side note that angry birds game does give notifications. There are certain levels you have to wait for playing like 1 hour. Once that hour is over it gives a notification. But that didn't happen during night.

Also my mobile data is off. I also manage background mobile data usage. Though my wifi is always on, it never was the source of such a problem. So you guys have an idea what causes this to happen?
    09-16-2014 03:25 AM
    I'd download wake lock detector and leave the phone overnight. That way you can see what is causing your phone to use that much juice while just idle.
    09-16-2014 08:54 AM
    Seems like an interesting app. Thanks for the advice, definitely will try

Edit: app needs root access for all of it's features.
    09-16-2014 10:25 AM
    Okay, this night I didn't have the problem anymore (after ai had the same problem 2 consecutive nights).
    All I did was disabling and uninstalling all the apps I don't use (if it was possible of course, some apps such as the ELM Agent cannot be uninstalled).

So the programs I disabled are:
    Flibboard
    S Health
    S Planner
    S Voice
    Smart Remote
    For the most samsung services he phone offers I always hav ebeen using the google variant if possible

Programs I uninstalled:
    Free App a Day (program giving that names a program every day that became free)
    Diablo 3 dashboard (shows the statistics of my diablo 3 characters. This Always seemed to be running in the background, but I actually have no use to it so deleted it)

For the rest cannot remember for sure. But yeah problems seems to be solved for now, and I hope it won't happen again.
    09-17-2014 02:15 AM
    And it happened again for some reason.
    As you can see in the screenshots.
    About the game "unpossible" I forgot it on right before I was going to sleep and noticed it was running right before sleeping so I did close it. At the beginning of the graph, you can see a small dip, that is because of that game.

http://i.imgur.com/mYw5xqM.png
    http://i.imgur.com/jtwCDCU.png

Also in the morning I noticed the ram was being used up 1.55GB of the 2GB. I restarted my phone and it was somewhere in the 900MB this time.
    This is getting frustrating. I need to find the cause of this.

Thanks in advance.
    09-23-2014 04:23 AM