Hello everyone!

This is my first post here...but I really felt like I had to take attitude this time and actually do something.

So my samsung galaxy s3 is acting so weird that I can't use it without something bad happening for one day.

So...first of all...my battery doesn't last more than four hours straight if, for example, I am listening to music.

It literally goes down about 1% every few minutes.

Also..there is something really weird happening with my battery even after it completely shuts down. Lets's say I am on 1% and the phone shuts off. After the screen goes black and I plug it in...the charging screen appears and the battery seems to be half charged. I open the phone again and it is already at 45%. All this operation takes a matter of seconds...but still it goes from 1% to 45%. After the phone is up...this percentage starts to go down even faster than before...in the end my phone shuts down again...and this time it starts to charge from 0%.

Today it shut off...and when I got home and plugged in the charger it didn't do anything...i just left it like that for about 10 minutes then tried to power it on without the charger being plugged in...and it worked. After that it started to charge. I have no ideea what is happening.

Also...my charging time is really big. I do not know why but when I use another charger from a samsung galaxy mini 2 it seems to charge way faster.

That's pretty much all so far. If you need more details, please let me know.

I hope you can help me sort this out!

Best regards!
    09-16-2014 08:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It really sounds like a failing battery. Try a new one, or borrow a friend's.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:54 AM
    I am inclined to agree on a failing battery.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2014 10:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It really sounds like a failing battery. Try a new one, or borrow a friend's.
    Would you suggest buying a new battery?

Initially I thought it was something wrong with my phone. I searched a little but I couldn't find anyone else with a problem similar to my " drop to zero then back to 45%".

Also...may the charger be a problem aswell? I mean the original one...it is a bit damaged (one of the pins was a little bent...but not really bad) but I used the charger from the samsung galaxy mini 2 for a while (which is 0.5~0.7A compared to 0.5~1A)

Best regards!
    09-16-2014 01:38 PM
    Buying a new battery is always a good idea. If it turns out to be a different problem, then you still have a backup battery, which isn't a bad idea. As I mentioned, you could also try to borrow a friend's S3 battery (there's probably a good chance one of your friends has an S3 as well, right?), just for troubleshooting purposes.

I would really focus on the battery first, rather than the charger. I don't think charger issues would cause such odd battery stats.
    09-16-2014 03:19 PM
    Buying a new battery is always a good idea. If it turns out to be a different problem, then you still have a backup battery, which isn't a bad idea. As I mentioned, you could also try to borrow a friend's S3 battery (there's probably a good chance one of your friends has an S3 as well, right?), just for troubleshooting purposes.

I would really focus on the battery first, rather than the charger. I don't think charger issues would cause such odd battery stats.
    Okay...so I went to the shop from where I bought my s3 (Orange shop) And they told me to send it to their service and I did so...as I still had it under warranty. It was there for exactly a week and today I got it back. They told me they replaced the battery (which they actually did...I checked that) and the power connector from my phone. The battery it's still not good enaugh in my opinion. Immediately after I got it back...I turned it on and it had 79% battery. In about an hour it went down about 25% (so to 54%) but I didn't used it havely (note: the mobile data option was on). I really do not know what to do. I asked someone and they told me to send it again because this is not normal.

My s3 is running stock 4.3 and used to last waay longer back in the day.

What should I do? I literally got about max 5 hours of use before I sent it and I am afraid this will happen again. I do not even want to think what is going to happen if I listen to music for example.

I turned the phone off a few hours ago...then let it charge up to 59% and then stopped because I had to leave. I used it moderately for about 4 hours and 51 minutes (as my phone says) and i have about 2h and 15minutes of screen on time. My screen is using 50% of the battery and also Android system is using about 17%...chrome 12% Android OS 7% and I think everything else is less important as they use 7%<. After those almost 5 hours...while the mobile data option was on all the time I am at 14% battery.

What do you think? Is it good enaugh? Should I send it back? I really need help!

I am waiting for suggestions.

Best regards!
    09-26-2014 04:01 PM
    Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    09-26-2014 06:19 PM
    Understood. Right now it is at 100%. I will come back when I have the screenshots.

Have a nice day!
    09-26-2014 11:50 PM
    To be honest with you the battery lasted waaay longer than I expected. Also...mobile data and wifi (depens if I was home or not) were on all the time. Here are the screenshots.

Huge problems with my galaxy s3 in the past few days.-image.jpg
    Huge problems with my galaxy s3 in the past few days.-image.jpgHuge problems with my galaxy s3 in the past few days.-image.jpgHuge problems with my galaxy s3 in the past few days.-image.jpgHuge problems with my galaxy s3 in the past few days.-image.jpg

What do you think about them?

Best regards!
    09-27-2014 03:53 PM
    That's not too bad. Given the remaining battery left, one could extrapolate that you're on track for 5 hrs 24 min of total screen on time, which is pretty normal, I think. Other people with an S3 can weigh in here, because I don't have direct experience--but it sound about right.
    09-27-2014 05:25 PM
    I still have no ideea why a strange thing happens.

Let's say it is on 12% and the charger is plugged in. If I let it that way for let's say...10 minutes...it will charge for eg up to 15%....BUT...If I close the device...and let the boot animation with the battery that is charging appear....it seems to be charged around 40%. If I start the device...the battery percentage will actually say I am on 40%. Why is this thing happening?

Here is a photo:
    Huge problems with my galaxy s3 in the past few days.-image.jpg

If you are looking at the graph...you can see how it jumps. I know it's hard to see...but I think it will be better if you click on the photo.

Any ideeas why this is happening?

Best regards!
    09-28-2014 03:37 AM
    Are you completely powering off the phone when it jumps up, or are you just putting it to sleep? Devices generally won't charge as fast if the screen is on and you're actively using it. They will charge faster when the screen is off, or if the device is completely powered off.
    09-28-2014 10:10 AM
    So..it is on 12% and then I am completly powering off the phone. The icon with the charging battery appears...and the green part (which shows how much it is charged) isn't at a low lever...which should mean 12%...it is at something around half. If I immediately power on the phone, the percentage will be the one the battery represented earlier (around half) and not 12% anymore...ast time it was at 40% or so.
    09-28-2014 02:33 PM
    You can try recalibrating the battery meter by letting the phone drain until it shuts off automatically, then plug it in to a wall outlet and let it charge up while powered off for about 4-6 hours, until it's at 100%. Then use it until it shuts off automatically again, and repeat the process. Do it maybe 3 times. See if it becomes more accurate.
    09-28-2014 07:26 PM
    Hello Guys

Need your help!!

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Cyanogenmod 11 few months back..it was working perfectly fine till today, while i was using my phone camera and my phone freezed suddenly. Nothing was working..then i restarted my phone by long pressing the power button , but the phone is not starting up...first the samsung logo appears on the screen ..then it goes to boot animation of Cyanogen and gets stuck at it. nothing happens after that....I have tried to remove the battery and place it back and then starting the phone...issue still persists .. i have tried to bo the phone in recovery or download mode by using volume key, home and power button ..but nothing happens... i am not able to go to any mode and still stuck at the boot animation screen.

Please please please help me
    01-11-2015 12:48 PM
    Please stop making the same post in every thread. Once is enough.
    01-11-2015 01:29 PM