This phone is driving me crazy. I have searched the answers others are posting but they aren't exactly the same problem. I have had my Galaxy S5 for 3 months and have paired and unpaired to my car several times. I have checked my settings on the phone but I must be missing something. Half the time, I have to manually select my vehicle name again when starting the car. The other half it connects automatically. However, EVERY time I am out of the car and make a call, I have to turn the Bluetooth off on the dialing pad before making the call. Most of the time I don't realize the call is already connected and I just can't hear the other person because the Bluetooth is on. I had a Galaxy Note and a Galaxy 3 before this one and have never had a problem. I could make a call from the car or the house without having to worry about turning something on or off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    09-16-2014 01:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! A general thing to try would be to boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

When you leave Bluetooth on and find that you can't make a call, how far are you away from the car, and is the car completely off? Is your car's Bluetooth system factory installed, or is it a 3rd party unit? If it's a 3rd party unit, maybe it's staying on even when the car is off, and if you're close enough to the car when you're trying to make a call, it will still be connected via Bluetooth.
    09-16-2014 03:41 PM