Phone is off will not charge or will the screen show any battery sign or little red light. I'm a contractor not phone smart. Went to sprint they said they order me a new phone in 9/18. They said all info and pictures are gone. I turned 40 today and haven't talk to friends family or my son. I understand its my fault for not knowing backup. Have I lost my small business and everything. I don't know how someone would me?
    09-16-2014 11:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Happy Birthday! Sorry about the lousy present of your phone dying on you.

Is this a 1st generation HTC One (M7) or 2nd generation (M8)? If it's an M8, and you had an SD card inserted, remove it and insert it into your computer, using a fullsize SD adapter (very cheap to buy if you don't have one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microS...cUvbUpU3900720). Is anything there, like photos?

What sort of apps were you using on your phone, and what sort of data were you saving? The data associated with your Google apps (like Google Drive, Calendar, Gmail, etc.) should have been automatically syncing with your Google account in the cloud, so that should be safe. Other apps like Facebook also sync with their own servers. But if you were using any apps that saved data only locally, or if you had a lot of documents only saved locally, then they're probably gone. You could look into some data recovery services, but those might be pretty expensive, and not necessarily successful.
    Damien40 likes this.
    09-16-2014 11:11 PM
    Thank you for the happy bday. I'm a pool plumbing contractor and not hip with the phone tech. Its a HTC one with beats and i don't know about the cloud I paid $425 for data recovery but don't know how to get the data off the card. Got a replacement phone from sprint that doesn't work refurbished. 38 days without contacts I've lost my business and everything has gone to hell so I guess I'm to blame for being stupid.
    10-23-2014 05:59 AM
    Put the card into your laptop or desktop. (If you don't have a slot the adapter B.Diddy linked to, you'll need an adapter for that adapter to USB http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Memor...cUvbUpU3988576 (also cheap). The SD card will show up on the computer as just another drive. (If you have C and D drives, you'll now have an E drive. Just drag any files and/or folders from that drive to the C drive. (The D drive is usually your DVD drive, and you can't copy files to it - you burn disks with it.)

From now on, as a business, back up your business records on a daily basis. Back up to your computer and to at least one cloud account. (I back up all my important files to Google Drive and Dropbox, as well as to my computer. The odds of both cloud servers disappearing at the same time my phone and computer go bad are so great that if I have luck that bad, a fatal heart attack would be considered good luck. Google Drive and Dropbox are both backed up themselves, and I'm sure they keep off-site backups as well, in case the building collapses.) Even if a company like GM lost its data it would be out of business. Accounts receivable are worth more than any phone or computer.
    Damien40 likes this.
    10-23-2014 09:58 AM
    Thank you for ur help and yes I had the same nightmare wake up alive. This where Im at I plug in HTC w/sense meaningless to me then try to open from computer contacts then they pop up random one at a time in a box that says vcard then i close it another one pops up and so on in random order and wont stop. So i sit and click all 1400 and write em down not sure. and still haven't got to texts. Thank you again for your time.
    10-24-2014 10:45 PM