LG G3 Micro SD Card

A

AC Question

I've just ordered a LG G3 16 GB version. I was wondering how the external storage works on the device? Photos and music on the sd card, how does it show up on the device? Do I have to go into the sd folder or will it just show up in the music and photo gallery?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
When you put an SD in the phone, when you start to the camera app, it should prompt you about storing to SD Card. If not, find the settings and make sure storage is set for SD Card. However.....but....SD cards can get corrupted, or just stop working from one day, next day...not working. You need to make sure you have a backup plan to save precious memories. On the new phone's, Android has the traditional Gallery app to manage folders, but also had a Photos App, which will backup you photos into Google+/Google Drive. It gives you about 15GB of space. Careful. I am not sure it's Wi-Fi only, and may use your cellular data, which could eat data. Check it's settings. What carrier are you with? Dropbox is nice too, but only 2 gb of storage. Dropbox will auto update (defaults to Wi-Fi, but can use cellular data) up to its cloud.

Posted via the Android Central App

Benjamin Coutet

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I live in Australia, so I'm with Optus. Okay you've sort of answered my question haha,

but I'm still on sure about when I run out of internal memory and want to put more music on the device, the only way to do it would be through the sd card, but will the music I've put on the sd card show up in the music player?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Androids will also see the music files from any directory as well. There are tons of mp3 download apps in the Playstore. Each one will put then into their own file directory, whatever that may be. Both Google Music App and the other stock music app will see the songs no matter where they are.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My LG G3 has 32 gb internal memory. Don't be jealous...but I use Verizon as my carrier who gives my free space in the Verizon Cloud which will backup my files only from internal memory, not an an SD card. That's why I described making sure you have a backup file plan if you use your SD Card.

Benjamin Coutet

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah I only had the 16 GB option with my service provider :(

That's why I was stressing out about the memory. How do you find the phone anyway? Please tell me I've made the right choice, considering my phone now until my G3 arrives is a Iphone 5.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Apps are insignificant in space on your internal memory. Internal memory will get filled by pictures, music, text messages (especially if you keep all those pictures sent in texts and don't forget them). I would keep music I the SD, as I could always get music back. Pictures are precious memories, that could be lost if an SD Card crashes. Have a backup plan in plan for pictures.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca