Hello

A few weeks ago my screen cracked. Before I took it in for repairs, I plugged my phone into my PC to copy all my photos from my phone to my PC. Most of the photos were saved in the internal memory. I couldn't do a backup via PC Companion, but I did the copy through the file manager. I then did a master reset to avoid unauthorised people getting access to my stuff. Today, when I wanted to copy the photos back to my phone, I could only find thumbnail sized photos in the one folder and the most recent pics I took before the screen cracked are nowhere to be found. The other folders (100Android and Camera) were empty. I have previously copied photos to my PC, but I've never had this problem before.

Can someone shed some light please? And perhaps give a solution as how to enlarge the thumbnail pics or to recover the lost photos?

Thanks a lot!
    09-17-2014 06:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you use the Windows Import Photos function? I think that imports every image, including thumbnails, so it's not a great option. Is it possible the phone disconnected before the import was complete?
    09-17-2014 11:46 AM
    Thank you!
    I used Windows Explorer and I just copied from my phone and pasted into another folder on my PC's hard drive. I've done it like this before, but never had that problem.. The phone didn't disconnect midway, so I'm really baffled as to where the original sized photos are.. If anyone could help, I would be really greatful! Thanks.
    09-18-2014 09:04 AM
    When you did the original file transfer from phone to computer, do you remember checking to see that the photos transferred intact? I wonder if some corruption occurred during the transfer.
    09-18-2014 10:28 AM