i have 2gb plan on my phone. however i have been going over. it's only the 17th and i have used 90% of the data already. all i do on my phone is play games and get on FB, check emails, and look on internet once in a while. I do try at night time to change it to WIFI and turn mobile data plan off, but sometimes I do forget. however i noticed that i can still play games when i turn my mobile network off. My question is is this still using my data plan even with the mobile network off? I thought games like Farm Heros, candy crush, you would have to be connected to the data. i dont' know what else to do to keep from going over on my data plan. I delete my applications all the time thinking that will help. Any suggestions. I do not download or stream any music due to not wanting to use my data. What else keeps my data going behind the screen? or does it?

thank you
    09-17-2014 07:20 AM
    Welcome.
    Go into Settings and then Mobile Data to see what has been using the most.
    That should give you a good idea what is using the most and then you can adjust accordingly.

Mav.
    09-17-2014 08:36 AM
    Also be careful you don't have some other program auto backing up into a cloud, such as the Photos App on the phone backing up pictures automatically. Maybe Dropbox. They should use Wi-Fi, but could be configured top use cellular as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2014 12:15 PM
    I did check and see and it's facebook. I went into Facebook and changed the settings to have notifications turned off. not sure what else to change. I do try and go to wifi when i can and turn off mobile data. It doesn't appear that my games are using that much data.

Now i'm still having questions about games and being able to play when my mobile data is turned off. I am still able to play games even with my mobile data turned off. is that still using my data when I play?

thank you for the responses.
    09-17-2014 12:46 PM