Is there any way to recover personal data after a factory reset?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: recovering data

If you didn't have your device setup to automatically back up to Google or 3rd party cloud service like DropBox then sorry but it is most likely lost for good.

Only other option is if you device was rooted before this took place there is an application called Disk Digger that has had some limited success.

JawHawk

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I am also trying to recover two months' worth of photos after resetting the Nexus 4 to factory settings, but before I reset it, I made sure to check all "back-up" options in "Settings" > "Backup & reset" > "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore." I also had Google+ Auto Backup enabled, but it only backed up a few of that day's photos (October 2014) and the photos from August 2014, but not the photos taken between August and October. I don't understand why Google+ Auto Backup was so selective about the photos that were successfully backed up. Is it possible that the lost photos can still be found somewhere? Please and thank you in advance for your help!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hi, I am also trying to recover two months' worth of photos after resetting the Nexus 4 to factory settings, but before I reset it, I made sure to check all "back-up" options in "Settings" > "Backup & reset" > "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore." I also had Google+ Auto Backup enabled, but it only backed up a few of that day's photos (October 2014) and the photos from August 2014, but not the photos taken between August and October. I don't understand why Google+ Auto Backup was so selective about the photos that were successfully backed up. Is it possible that the lost photos can still be found somewhere? Please and thank you in advance for your help!
Not too sure of the reason there. Future recommendation would be to also use a third party service like DropBox. It gives the option to backup your photos automatically. Never hurts to have an extra backup option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae