Hi,

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 and am having some issues with the 4.4.4 update. Every time I turn on Location, I get a "Location Consent" popup, meaning I have to give consent every time I want to use Google Maps or anything using GPS. I click "agree", but it asks me every time, so it doesn't store my answer.

Also, when using the stock E-mail app, I constantly get "unable to sign in to server" messages. This never happened before the update. I have to use this app for my company e-mail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    09-17-2014 12:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Location Services consent is normal--any time you turn it back on from being off, you have to accept that agreement.

In regards to the Email issue, open the Email app, tap Menu, then Account Settings, and make sure all of the IMAP or POP3 settings are correct. You'll probably need to double check with your work's IT dept about the proper settings for the incoming and outgoing servers, the security protocol, and the ports. You may want to remove the account completely, then add it back again.
    09-17-2014 06:12 PM
    Thank you for your response.

For the location issue, I never had to continually agree before the 4.4.4 update. I only agreed once when I initially got the phone. Why has that changed?

I'll try your recommendations for the e-mail issue.
    09-17-2014 06:58 PM
    Not sure why it changed. Maybe there were complaints or lawsuits, or some kind of new regulation.
    09-17-2014 07:04 PM