This would seem to be such an obvious task (and way back on my Captivate I had figured out a way to do it) but now I'm stumped.

I have downloaded a file (e.g. Note 3 Manual) and have created a Folder on my home page called Manuals. Using any number of file apps I can locate the the file in the Download Folder, but I can't find any folder (eg my created Manuals Folder) etc or anything on my home pages real estate to move it to.

Am I missing something really obvious? Running the latest version of Kit Kat, btw.

Many thanks
    Jay
    09-17-2014 03:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! As far as I know, you can't place an actual file, or a shortcut to that (locally stored) file, on a homescreen--unless you install a 3rd party app to give you that function. Try File Shortcut.
    Welcome to Android Central! As far as I know, you can't place an actual file, or a shortcut to that (locally stored) file, on a homescreen--unless you install a 3rd party app to give you that function. Try File Shortcut.
    jmagid51 likes this.
    09-17-2014 05:51 PM
    File Shortcut works very well. I use it quite a bit. Not much in the way of documentation but it's intuitive enough to figure it out.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-17-2014 08:05 PM