Note 10.1 2012: I use a public wifi for work. My Note sees and connects to the network but I don't get the "this network requires a sign in" pop-up. When I manually enter the terms acceptance IP I can click "accept" but then the browser hangs and eventually says it can't load the next screen (a second terms acceptance screen).

This happens in both the stock browser and chrome. I've tried forgetting the network and clearing the network cache. I have no issues connecting my Galaxy S3 or my windows laptop.

I'm at the end of my rope.
    Samee Karajagi likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So when you connect and don't get that sign-in notification, are you saying that you're opening the browser? Are you able to see the sign-in page when you open the browser? What happens if you type in any URL, like Yahoo.com--does it go to Yahoo, or does it go to the wi-fi sign-in page? And if you try to sign in there, it's hanging? Sorry, I just want to clarify the sequence here.

See what happens if you go to the App Manager, select Chrome, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try connecting again.
    09-17-2014 11:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So when you connect and don't get that sign-in notification, are you saying that you're opening the browser? Are you able to see the sign-in page when you open the browser? What happens if you type in any URL, like Yahoo.com--does it go to Yahoo, or does it go to the wi-fi sign-in page? And if you try to sign in there, it's hanging? Sorry, I just want to clarify the sequence here.

See what happens if you go to the App Manager, select Chrome, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try connecting again.
    I'll write out the steps I take that work on my phone :

1) Enable wifi, see "connected to network."
    2) On my S3, see a" This network requires sign in " notification. Click that notification, browser automatically opens to terms acceptance page.
    3) Click accept, go to second acceptance page
    4) click accept, Internet works.

On my Note step 2 never happens. If I manually enter the first acceptance page url I can click accept but the browser never gets anywhere. If I manually enter the second acceptance page url it also goes nowhere. I'm unable to access any page.

I tried clearing every cache I could think of.
    09-18-2014 07:24 PM
    Instead of manually entering the welcome page URL, what happens if you just enter any page, like Yahoo.com? It should automatically redirect to the welcome page. Does it still not work if you sign in there?
    09-18-2014 07:38 PM
    Instead of manually entering the welcome page URL, what happens if you just enter any page, like Yahoo.com? It should automatically redirect to the welcome page. Does it still not work if you sign in there?
    Nada
    09-19-2014 08:10 PM
    How long have you waited for the sign-in notification to appear? 10 seconds? 30 seconds? More than a minute?
    09-19-2014 10:49 PM
    I am getting the same error on my Note5 while accessing home or public wifi. Attached is the image of the error pop up window and it goes nowhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Connected to public wifi but can't accept terms to access internet-screenshot_20170301-174733.jpg  
    03-01-2017 07:54 PM