Update from Android2.3.3 to Android 4.4 for Samsung Galaxy S2

Suman Kondala

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S2 (Model No: GT-I9100). It has Android version 2.3.3 installed.
The baseband version is I9100XXKE7.

Could you please help me how to update the version to kitkat 4.4.

Please provide the links as well.

Really excited to use the new version in my phone.

Thanks in advance!!!

ukbuk

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure you will be able to update to kit kat. Your phone should update to a more recent version of Android than that though. Have a look in Settings for System Update (not sure exactly where it would be on that version)

Cheers

Nick

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Nick.

Could you please tell me to which version I can update to for sure. So that for now I will update to that version and will try to update to Kitkat later on.

Cheers!!!!

I had a 9100 until recently. I bought it new (deal price) with a sim contract in June 2012, when the S3 had been the new king for a few months. I expected it to come with 2.3, as ICS was only just out. I was very happy to receive a factory sealed phone with 4.0 out of the box.

Roughly 6-9 months later it updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. For me that has been the best upgrade ever. It was a joy, and like getting a new phone.

I since bought a Note 3 which came with 4.3, and then came 4.4.2.

Trust me 4.3 was no great shakes over 4.1.2, some extra tabs on the main menu rather than scrolling down. 4.4.2 was a side step, and ruined the smooth running of the phone for many for a while.

The GS2 will only go to 4.1.2 via OTA or Samsung Kies. Trust me you will love it, and you are not missing anything with 4.3 or 4.4.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

asmarkowitz

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem, recently bought a secondhand Galaxy S2 with 2.3.3., unlocked and I use Virgin SIM on a monthly contract. I have been unable to upgrade Android. Kies recognizes the phone but does not show any firmware updates. According to SamMobile my model (GT-I9100) goes to 4.1.2. I took it to a mobile tech who tried to flash it with Odin in order to upgrade, but Odin would not recognize the phone. I did a root check and it is unrooted.

The retailer I bought it from says the S2 cannot be upgraded, but I know that's bull. Any idea what might be causing my phone to be un-upgrade-able?

Allen Kimai

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The only way to upgrade to kitkat is to root your phone and install a custom rom like cyanogen mod and Paranoid Android .. But you better be carefull when flashing custom firmware

And im not liable in any way if you brick or render your phone unusable

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03