I'd love to hear iPhone users' opinions on Apple's new OS.
    09-18-2014 07:23 PM
    So far for me, huge anti climax. Also really slowed down my 5c.

Was sure if be getting the 6 plus after using a note 2 for a while but now leaning towards a note 4

Posted via Android Central App
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-18-2014 07:29 PM
    I'd try our sister site iMore.com to get a more realistic opinion!
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-18-2014 07:31 PM
    Unfortunately, I think too many still have their rose tinted glasses on over there. Don't mean that as an insult, I too have spent the last 24 hours convincing myself that my freshly updated 3 month old 5c wasn't lagging and stuttering (which it painfully is) and that ios 8 isn't really disappointing (which it painfully is).

09-18-2014 07:37 PM
    Haha. Blasphemy! No, I'll check it out
    09-18-2014 07:38 PM
    Unfortunately, I think too many still have their rose tinted glasses on over there. Don't mean that as an insult, I too have spent the last 24 hours convincing myself that my freshly updated 3 month old 5c wasn't lagging and stuttering (which it painfully is) and that ios 8 isn't really disappointing (which it painfully is).

I was assuming AC's crowd would have a less rosy opinion of iOS8, since any iPhone user's here would probably be scoping out possible Androids to hop onto.
    09-18-2014 07:42 PM
    I was assuming AC's crowd would have a less rosy opinion of iOS8, since any iPhone user's here would probably be scoping out possible Androids to hop onto.
    I generally frequent both sites but am genuinely disappointed with my iPhone running ios 8. I've been iPhone user for 7 years and Android for 1

09-18-2014 07:51 PM
    I generally frequent both sites but am genuinely disappointed with my iPhone running ios 8. I've been iPhone user for 7 years and Android for 1

Good to know.

I read that iOS8 has a "design bug" that changed the "Camera Roll" to "Recently Added," so those who backup their photos using services like DropBox had all their photos re-backed up as new images when they weren't. One of those things you don't think of til it's too late, which is inevitable I guess.
    09-19-2014 11:53 AM
    I have iOS 8 on my iPad and in my opinion it is nothing to shake a stick at. The iPad (3rd gen) feels like it took a performance hit after I downloaded it.
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-19-2014 01:07 PM
    Good to know.

I read that iOS8 has a "design bug" that changed the "Camera Roll" to "Recently Added," so those who backup their photos using services like DropBox had all their photos re-backed up as new images when they weren't. One of those things you don't think of til it's too late, which is inevitable I guess.
    That isn't a bug. The Recently Added shows pics taken within the last 30 days. To see all photos you go to collections. Not a bug at all. They changed that in beta 1 of ios 8 and has been that way through all 5 betas.
    09-19-2014 01:16 PM
    A big pile of crap lol, it gets worst on every update
    09-19-2014 02:56 PM
    Think I might grab a note 3. The 4 looks nice but 3 will be great for my needs

09-19-2014 05:57 PM

I venture through both imore and Android central mostly the former this last year but I can tell you ios8 is just what has been needed, nothing more is not an all together clean experience because of small bugs here and there but a big step in making the iPhone easier to use.

tl;dr an upgrade that complements ios7 very well, just as long as you start with a fresh install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-19-2014 09:28 PM
    I heard it's like 5gb's to install...
    09-20-2014 01:55 AM
    I heard it's like 5gb's to install...
    Yeah, buts it's a little less than 1gb. I don't know why it needs that much space to install.
    09-21-2014 07:05 AM
    Best to install iOS8 on iTunes for less space constraints. I don't understand why they have a model that starts at 16bg, for the amount of space they require for a software upgrade! Is memory that expensive? ? They should of started at 32 gb. It's almost like they make you buy the more expensive 64 gb. But great trade-in promotions, $200 for an iPhone 4, $300 for 5s. Everyone should get the 64 gb. The O/S looks beautiful, thanks to copying Android! Interactive notification screen, live widgets, finally the chance to install a keyboard like SWYPE or others (really Apple, you kept the all caps keyboard...still? ? ). The 6 plus is huge! !

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2014 07:40 AM
    That isn't a bug. The Recently Added shows pics taken within the last 30 days. To see all photos you go to collections. Not a bug at all. They changed that in beta 1 of ios 8 and has been that way through all 5 betas.
    Yes, agreed. See my other response for clarification.
    09-22-2014 01:05 PM
    No, I meant "design bug," not like a glitch.

Apple shouldn't have changed the name of the photos folder to "Recently Added" since it effected Dropbox users who use iOS. Dropbox ended up recognizing already backed up photos as new ones simply because the folder had that new name.

They backed up photos that were already backed up. So servers got overloaded and more storage space ended up being used than was necessary. It was a big deal. Check out news articles on it.
    09-22-2014 01:05 PM
    Sure wish I could delete comments when I make a mistake!
    09-22-2014 01:11 PM
    I have iOS 8 on my iPad and in my opinion it is nothing to shake a stick at. The iPad (3rd gen) feels like it took a performance hit after I downloaded it.
    Thanks for the input. I have an iPad Mini and have held off on updating to iOS8. Hmm. Maybe I won't update until I absolutely have to download an app.
    09-22-2014 01:11 PM
    Thanks for the input. I have an iPad Mini and have held off on updating to iOS8. Hmm. Maybe I won't update until I absolutely have to download an app.
    Of course!

That seems to be the standard with all iOS updates though. They seem to optimize the OS for the newest processors on the newest hardware and don't bother trying to make the older hardware run efficiently. Their way of making the user upgrade their hardware maybe
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-22-2014 01:15 PM
    Ah I see. Not good for me and my old iPad.
    09-22-2014 01:25 PM