Getting frequent popup "Failed to initialize camera", but camera works fine.

A

AC Question

I bought the Xiaomi Mi3 three days back. Since yesterday I've been getting regular popups "Failed to initialize camera". However the camera works perfectly fine.
The only problem that I can perceive is that the camera is not working within the Viber app - while trying to make video calls. Although, even after uninstalling Viber, I still get the pop-up.

Now, frankly speaking, its not causing me any problems, since the camera works fine. Just that the frequent pop-ups get irritating after a little while.

I've tried all the regular things:
1. Restarting the phone
2. Clearing data and cache for the camera app and force closing it.
3. Taking the battery out and replacing it.
4. Soft resetting the phone (by holding the volume and power buttons).

I want to avoid sending it to the service center because as far as I've heard, they take ages to resolve things. So I want to keep it as a last resort.
Please suggest anything else that I can try..

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Xiaomi Mi3 three days back. Since yesterday I've been getting regular popups "Failed to initialize camera". However the camera works perfectly fine.
The only problem that I can perceive is that the camera is not working within the Viber app - while trying to make video calls. Although, even after uninstalling Viber, I still get the pop-up.

Now, frankly speaking, its not causing me any problems, since the camera works fine. Just that the frequent pop-ups get irritating after a little while.

I've tried all the regular things:
1. Restarting the phone
2. Clearing data and cache for the camera app and force closing it.
3. Taking the battery out and replacing it.
4. Soft resetting the phone (by holding the volume and power buttons).

I want to avoid sending it to the service center because as far as I've heard, they take ages to resolve things. So I want to keep it as a last resort.
Please suggest anything else that I can try..