I was an iPhone user until about two months ago when I got my LG G3. Loving it! I have multiple Google accounts. I set them all up on the device but only set one to sync contacts. On my iPhone I had the same account sync to my phone using the CardDav protocol. So when I set up my Android I didn't see a CardDav option so I just went through the normal Google account settings and set my main account to sync contacts.

About 90% of the contacts synchronized without an issue. But about 10 percent did not. Even more troubling, those contacts were deleted from my contacts in Gmail. I don't know exactly which contacts were deleted because I don't realize they're gone until I try to call or text or email them on my phone and come up dry.

My iPhone has been disconnected from the network since I got the G3. I checked and the missing contacts seem to still be on there. I also checked and for some reason contacts are not syncing through my gmail account at the moment and have not done a sync for 12 days due to an "error." So my thought is to delete that Google account for now. Then I will let my iPhone sync up via WiFi. My concern is that the contacts from the iPhone will be deleted when they sync with the Google servers?

My other thought is to export contacts from the iPhone somehow, delete all gmail contacts, import, then resync.

Any thoughts on this? I'm really in a jam here.
    09-19-2014 05:35 AM
    Problem fixed and so embarrassing. At some point I somehow told my iPhone to make my default contact account iCloud. So the last 86 contacts I added were only added to iCloud, making them seem to "disappear" from Google because I had no idea but they were never in Google.
    09-24-2014 07:34 PM