My S2 died last night at around 30% battery. I left it on to charge all night (the phone was off, because it died), but it did not charge. The screen will flash every four to ten seconds with the battery icon, but the icon has a loading symbol in the middle, as if it's trying to detect how much charge there is before it actually starts charging. Halfway between flashes, my home/menu/search/back button/icon things will flash if I hold the power button down to try and start the phone up. The phone will not charge while it's off. I just got a new battery yesterday, too, which is how I was able to start my phone up in the first place. (My other li-ion battery went bad for sitting for a few months and not being charged that whole time)

Does anyone know what the issue is? I do have a rom in, as well as Apex Launcher (I had Apex on another phone with no issues, so I think it may be the rom?). Also, we're going to buy a battery charger. Should I avoid charging the phone until we get a battery charger, or will that damage the battery? But if I do charge it, will it damage the phone?

Also, I noticed this morning (because I tried charging again) that the phone is getting hot around my camera/T-Mobile card. (the phone is for AT&T, but we unlocked it so we could use T-Mobile.)

Can someone tell me what the issue is?
    09-19-2014 08:58 AM
    I'm afraid I can't tell you what the issue is but since you've been waiting a long time for an answer....My instinct would be to do a Factory Reset. If your personal data is backed up, you may care to consider that, assuming that you are able to boot into Recovery Mode.

You say you have a new battery....if you have no good reason to doubt the soundness of the USB lead and the charger you already have, I don't see how charging would do any damage.

If you don't care to do a Factory Reset, and are able to boot into Recovery, you could try wiping the Cache Partition.

Edit 2min later: Thank you for the heart, whoever that was! I was just looking up this, which describes both procedures, Factory Reset being referred to as Master Reset, which is almost exactly the same:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7523

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.
    09-19-2014 06:15 PM
    Also, try taking out the SIM card if still getting hot in that area, and see if the overheating persists.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2014 05:51 AM