I currently own a (smashed) Galaxy S3 cell phone. Somehow I was able to send and receive pictures without being able to access my internet apps, while still being able to use picture messaging. I have been searching for someone to be able to tell me how I was able to do this, but so far no one seems to understand how this was happening. I am curious if the provider may have disabled some access point on the phone when I purchased it. I am not a cell-phone wizard so would appreciate some input. I do not want to have the option to browse or access the internet from my phone unless using Wi-Fi. I do understand a phone needs data in order to be able to send pictures. Can this be accomplished?
    09-19-2014 07:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So tell me if I'm correct. You have a damaged S3 that is still able to use the Messaging app to send and receive photos as MMS messages, correct? MMS does require a mobile data connection--is there some problem with your mobile data connection? Are you saying you can't use your other apps to access anything over mobile data? Or is this phone actually deactivated from your account, since it's smashed, and you're wondering how it still sent and received photos as MMS?
    09-19-2014 08:05 PM