Sometimes my phone has a mind of its own and swipes across my different home screen pages, and opens apps and programs without me touching anything. The only thing I can do to stop it is take out the battery to restart the phone, if I try to close it down through the power button the touch keys are unresponsive, so won't let me turn off or restart. Please can anyone Help?
    09-20-2014 05:02 AM
    Sometimes my phone has a mind of its own and swipes across my different home screen pages, and opens apps and programs without me touching anything. The only thing I can do to stop it is take out the battery to restart the phone, if I try to close it down through the power button the touch keys are unresponsive, so won't let me turn off or restart. Please can anyone Help?
    Hello. Well you definitely have a screen issue. On some Samsung versions you can do various screen tests with the *#0*# code. I don't know which device you have.
    There is a setting in many phones to increase the touch sensitivity, but your symptoms are worse.

To be on the safe side, in case the screen goes completely (it may not, and be easily fixable) you may want to make the device readable via a usb to a pc by removing any pin type lock screen security, and just have swipe or no lock. You can transfer your media files that way, or do a backup if your brand has pc software. If the screen allows you to do that, I would check your account sync settings are active and master sync is on.

It sounds like a bend or it took a knock, or pressure in your pocket perhaps.

I would bring it to a local reputable repair store and get an estimate. It has not reached dire stages yet.

However that is only an inexperienced opinion without seeing it.
    So stick around here for better advice from Ambassadors and tech pros. Consider raising it in your phone specific forum later also.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    09-20-2014 08:06 AM