I use the standard text program on my Samsung Galaxy s4. My email is Gmail. I am receiving notifications that I have an email and also that I have a text message , However I must take out my phone to see ANYTHING! I get no caller ID, no partial email , none of the text message (I don't even know who it's from!)

There should be a user manual with this smartwatch!

Please help,the watch is useless to me, if I can't see my text messages!
    09-20-2014 08:51 AM
    You must have preview messages in status bar enabled on your phone

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2014 11:06 AM
    I don't have the watch with me, right now to try this, but I will, ASAP. This sounds like a plausible solution to reading email, will this also effect my text messages?

I tried changing to Hangouts as my default mess engine program, but I wasn't notified of any texts, at all. Is there a notification setting on Hangouts texting?
    09-20-2014 01:40 PM
    If you enable preview for all - email, text etc. All should show up on your watch

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2014 03:00 AM
    I'm having the same issue. My Gear software just did an update and now my Gmail notifications were just saying "Gmail" whereas before the notification was who the email was from. I could then tap it and I could read the email. So in Gear on my phone I turned on "Preview Message" in the notifications area so now the notification at least says "Gmail" on one line and "who it from" on a second line, but when I tap them my only option is to show on device. This all worked just fine until this latest update, which is when the "Gear" icon on my phone changed to a orange circle with the word Gear in the middle. Prior to that it was a watch looking icon. Does any of this have anything to do with the Tizen update? If so, this really stinks. Is there a way to go back to the previous version, because this makes the Gmail notifications practically useless.
    09-29-2014 09:05 AM