Data Usage

A

AC Question

Hello, I am a new Galaxy 5 user and I am at a loss to work out what is going on with this phone. I live in country
Victoria so I don't have one to one support that I need.
Why am I using so much data on my phone. I am only 10 days in and I received a message from Telstra that I have used 53% already. I hardly ever used data on my old Samsung and all of a sudden this is happening. I am also receiving my emails into this phone. I don't want them coming to this handset, even when the internet isn't connected the emails still come through. Would this be why there is so much data usage. If so how do I stop it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello from 12,000 miles away (UK).☺

Could you go to Settings, Mobile Data, open that, and see what is using what you'd consider to be abnormal amounts of data. Send a screenshot if you like or if there's anything baffling.

Do you have another device, such as a PC? Some sort of syncing may be going on between the two.
Are you saying you want your emails to go to the other device?

While we're about it, how is your battery consumption? Also, is it possible that the phone has been backing up photos or videos or uploading to cloud storage?

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am a new Galaxy 5 user and I am at a loss to work out what is going on with this phone. I live in country
Victoria so I don't have one to one support that I need.
Why am I using so much data on my phone. I am only 10 days in and I received a message from Telstra that I have used 53% already. I hardly ever used data on my old Samsung and all of a sudden this is happening. I am also receiving my emails into this phone. I don't want them coming to this handset, even when the internet isn't connected the emails still come through. Would this be why there is so much data usage. If so how do I stop it?

Check to see if you have any apps syncing data in the background. Also, do you use any services such as music or ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks