Hey everyone, posting here in hope that somebody out there will be able to help me. As the title says my Galaxy S5 has ran dead on battery and just won't charge..

About a month after getting the phone, the little "protective" flap which covers the charger port just broke off, I never thought anything of it because it continued to function as normal.

The strange thing for me is that when I plug the charger into my phone, I get the little vibration then I can see the battery + lightning bolt image. After a few seconds it disappears, then re-appears again a few seconds later and just repeats the process over and over again yet it doesn't seem to be charging..

I have Google authenticator enabled on the S5 so wiping or losing data is not an option for me as I have some very important accounts linked with my authenticator

Any help or advice is more thn apprecited.
    Thanks for reading,
    - G
    09-21-2014 03:07 AM
    Welcome to AC!

It could be a faulty charger, USB lead, USB port in device, or battery, to say nothing of other possibilities. It'll have to be a process of testing and eliminating.
    First make sure the USB port in the device has not become clogged with dust or fluff, causing a poor electrical connection.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2014 08:01 AM
    Use can air and see if it loosens any debris in the charge port. Use another cable (does not have to be the wide one...only one side is the charge) and/or charging plug adapter. My Verizon location has a car charge tester. I have been told that these can put out a little more amperage and can recover those Motorola's with sealed batteries that go to 0%, and are sometimes that are hard to get turned back on. Find a friend with same phone and try their battery, or go to your carriers store and see if then could let you try a demo unit battery or possible a return (I am sure all those Apple clones swapped a S5...Lol.) Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2014 10:12 AM