Hi

We have a couple of HTC one m8 phones that we've had since June, Great phones. However playing around with them and our blue tooth stereo in the car ( a tevion purchased from Aldi's several years ago) has highlighted an issue

My phone will sync with it perfectly, make calls answer and disconnect using the telephone button on the stereo exactly as it is supposed to do.

My wife's on the other hand will sync with the stereo however the stereo's phone button won't answer the calls for it. She has to use the answer call button on the phone.

Definitely an issue on the phone as I put mine back in, replicated the situation and it worked of the stereo telephone button.

We've gone through the settings on both phone's side by side and as far as we can see they're set identically.

Suggestions anyone please ?
    09-21-2014 09:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can your wife's phone still make calls through the stereo, or is it only connecting for media audio? On her phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth, select the stereo, and make sure Phone Audio is checked.
    09-21-2014 12:48 PM
    thanks for the reply

that's already checked on her phone, as far as we can tell all the settings are the same on both phones. She can make and receive calls through the stereo, the only functionality missing is she has to start/end calls using her phone buttons, the stereo telephone button doesn't work as it does for my phone, hence why we think it's a settings issue. May seem like a minor niggle but she uses blue tooth for calls more than me and to use it in the car she has to set it up in the holder and be able to access phone buttons whereas i can leave my phone in my pocket and do it all on the stereo
    09-21-2014 05:20 PM
    Do you both have the same carrier? The same phone on different carriers can sometimes have subtle functional differences.
    09-21-2014 05:47 PM
    Yep. The phones are identical, bought the same day, both on the same carrier (o2). Everything we can see in the settings is the same. We've tried to replicate my use of the stereo with her phone. Still the same result.

My phone in the car, operation through stereo perfect

her phone in the car, blue tooth calls ok. Operation through handset buttons only

revert to my phone in the car straight away, stero buttons work again

It's a real head scratcher that's taken up several hours this afternoon
    09-21-2014 06:22 PM
    yep, both on o2, phones bought at same time, identical models,
    we put mine in car and could operate through stereo button, bluetooth perfect

put wifes in car, blue tooth worked but had to operate phone through handset buttons.

put mine back in, perfect again.

Can't see abything different in settings and turning into a real headscratcher
    09-21-2014 06:28 PM
    Are both phones always in the car at the same time, with Bluetooth on? What happens if only your wife's phone is in the car?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2014 09:40 PM