Quick camera access on Note 3

SMGriffiths99

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Note 3 on O2 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat, but unfortunately I don't have a quick camera access circle on my lock screen when I have a pin as my security. However, I have a camera access circle when the unlock is just a swipe to unlock. The strange thing is, is that my friend has an S5 running the same version of Android as me, and they have the camera circle with a pin as the phone security. However, they're on EE, does this make a difference?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
I wasn't aware the S5 could do this. It may be a feature of it's newer version of Touchwiz, Samsung's user interface.
Are you sure? It seems to amount to the same thing anyway and I can't see the time benefit.
If you set a pin/other as lock screen security, anyone that picks up your phone cannot access your information, photos emails etc.
If you allowed lock screen shortcuts while still having a pin enabled , anyone could swipe the camera or other shortcut icon and they are in without a pin.
With your friends S5 you say it has a camera icon they can swipe and then have to enter a pin. I guess it saves you one swipe.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are lock screen apps you can get on the Play Store that will allow the camera (or other apps) on the lock screen even with a PIN or password. But, as Madd54 said, it's not a great idea.