My Samsung galaxy s4 switches off at random intervals and flashes the screen Samsung Galaxy s4. It refuses to turn back on. I have it plugged in and charging but still won't budge. It can't be my battery because I have recently just bought a new one? My phone is a year old, in good condition so I don't understand why it is doing this
    09-21-2014 12:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you buy the battery from? Batteries can be defective, so it may still be a problem with the one you got. Was your previous one completely dead? If not, plug that one back in, and see if it starts up normally.
    09-21-2014 12:29 PM
    I suspect that the phone has been handled with, let's say, less than extreme care, being dropped a few inches, knocked around, etc. It sounds like a hardware problem to me. Possibly something as simple as a bad battery contact, but it could be more serious. (It could also be an intermittent power switch which, while being a really cheap part, requires a little disassembly to replace. Pressing the power switch for a few seconds [whether you do it or the switch does it because it's broken] will cause the phone to reboot, and if the switch isn't making contact when you press it, the phone won't power up.)

If the phone is just under a year old, see if they'll replace (or repair) it. Many stores will be a little lax on the "exactly one year" warranty, and will work with you even if it's a few days or a week over the one year point, but not much more than that - and some stores will look at the time you bought it and not honor the warranty if it's 5 minutes after it expired.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-21-2014 01:28 PM