Hi, today I dropped my phone and the battery fell out so I immediately tried to put the battery back in the phone. When I put the battery back in the phone was still turned on at the same whatsapp conversation..almost as if nothing had happened. Normally if I drop it and the batter falls out I have to reboot the phone and enter in the pin etc but not this time. Any reason for this? thanks
    09-21-2014 01:23 PM
    That's weird. Did it continue working once you put it back in or did you have to reboot it? It's definitely not normal, but if your device is still working I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    09-21-2014 01:35 PM
    hi, thanks for the reply. Yea I just put the battery in and continued as normal. I think it was when I put it back in and turned it around that I noticed it was still on. could it have been because it all happened so fast?
    09-21-2014 02:01 PM
    hi, thanks for the reply. Yea I just put the battery in and continued as normal. I think it was when I put it back in and turned it around that I noticed it was still on. could it have been because it all happened so fast?
    Glad to see you signed up
    I've pulled the battery from my device and had the screen stay on a couple of times. I think it's just random.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-21-2014 02:04 PM
    Hi, thanks. Yeah ive jut now taken out the battery and the screen turned off as it normally does. So it has happened to people before and seems to be random thing?
    09-21-2014 02:12 PM
    Hi, thanks. Yeah ive jut now taken out the battery and the screen turned off as it normally does. So it has happened to people before and seems to be random thing?
    Yeah, just once or twice. Every other time it turned off/rebooted.
    09-21-2014 02:14 PM
    be interesting to see if anyone else has had it happen as in theory as soon as the battery is out it should shut off.
    09-21-2014 02:22 PM
    Oh, I don't think that any of the laws of the universe are being broken here, interesting though that would be. When my G3 screen times out, a double tap will get me back to where I was if I'm quick enough. If not, then I get the lock screen. Some such effect in your case, no doubt. Disappointing, isn't it?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2014 02:34 PM
    Belodion, im not really sure what your point is? That it isn't very weird that a screen stays on when the battery is out?
    09-21-2014 02:52 PM
    I'm sorry, I just meant that if you replaced the battery, and therefore restored power to the phone, quickly enough, the phone might simply continue from the point at which it was interrupted.
    If you are convinced that the screen was on during those moments of battery absence, and are right, then presumably there must be some sort of residual charge in the circuitry sufficient to keep the screen on; or the laws of physics, inasmuch as we know what they are, are taking a holiday. Otherwise, you can be certain that the phone was off for the few moments that the battery was out, and only on again when you replaced the battery.
    I am suggesting that what happened may be similar to my experience described above.
    Nevertheless, it is odd, but you will surely agree that there must be a rational explanation....miracles aside.

When I said 'disappointing', I meant it in the same way that it was disappointing when the CERN physicists discovered that, contrary to what they thought they had discovered in what eventually proved to be a flawed experiment, neutrinos DON'T exceed light speed. Ho hum. Back to reality.

Anyway, welcome to AC. ☺

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2014 03:43 PM
    It might have been too fast. There can be a residual current in the phone.
    UJ95x likes this.
    09-21-2014 04:14 PM
    May be there is a capacitor in the circuitry and takes time to discharge.
    UJ95x likes this.
    09-21-2014 04:26 PM