I accidentally deleted a photo album from my android. Can I get it back?? It was not on a sd card and was not backed up to my google account..
    09-21-2014 06:55 PM
    I accidentally deleted a photo album from my android. Can I get it back?? It was not on a sd card and was not backed up to my google account..
    Unfortunately you can't. Apps in the Play Store exists to restore deleted files. However, I'm not really sure that those work all that great. It's a shot since you really don't have anything to lose.

In the future, sync or backup to a cloud service. Or, backup to the computer whenever possible and on a regular basis.
    09-21-2014 08:09 PM
    The only problems with apps that restore deleted files are 1) installing the app can overwrite one or more of the files you're trying to restore. 2) a partially overwritten file can only be partially restored. (IOW, if the end half of the space that a picture was in gets used to store another file, restoring the piicture will give you the top half of the picture and garbage at the bottom.) And 3) the phone must be rooted.

Most of the apps are paid apps. but I've had pretty good luck restoring deleted pictures with the free version of Disk Digger (the free version will restore pictures, the paid version restores a lot of other file types.)

For any other file restoration (anything you can mount directly to a computer - hard drive, external drive, even an SD card in an adapter), PhotoRec is about the best there is. If the data from the file is on the medium, even if the directory entry is no longer there, it will find it. The companion program, TestDisk (same site) will recover deleted and.or modified partitions. Either program alone is invaluable, but they're both free. Unfortuneately, PhotoRec won't work on the internal memory of a phone. (At least I don't think it will. Technically it shouldn't, since it doesn't have physical access to the memory, so I haven't even bothered to try it.)
    09-21-2014 10:07 PM